This 18th centery building was used as a Union headquarters during the May 5-6, 1864 Battle of the Wilderness. One year earlier, during the Battle of Chancellorville, wounded men were cared for at the nearby; the most famous patient in the hospital was Confederate General “Stonewall” Jackson. The cemetery includes the grave of Jackson’s amputated arm. The building is open 11-5 weekends and holidays May-October, and Fridays mid-June to mid-August. When closed, a pass to the grounds may be obtained at the Chancellorsville Visitor Center. For complete information from the National Park Service, visit www.nps.gov/frsp.