A free, family-friendly “Around the Town” service that offers participants a snapshot of the wonders of downtown Fredericksburg is returning this summer. The City of Fredericksburg is bringing back our free shuttle service for locals and tourists alike. It will transport visitors around downtown on Friday and Saturday evenings between May 31 and August 31, 2019.
Trolley Tours of Fredericksburg will run the service between 5 pm and 9pm. The trolley ride will be a 15 to 20-minute loop of downtown at stop at four locations. On Saturday, June 15, we have a special edition of the Around the Town ride! Fredericksburg Civil War Tours will be providing the rides around town. Look for the white shuttle bus with the “Around the Town”.
4 stops/pick-up locations: Click to see map here
- Fredericksburg Visitor Center at 706 Caroline Street
- Intersection of Princess Anne and Hunter Streets by Carl’s Ice Cream and Mason Dixon Café.
- Parking lots at William and Barton Streets
- Hurkamp Park near the corner of William and Prince William Streets
The “Around the Town” Trolley stops off a variety of excellent restaurants, public restrooms, coffee shops, art galleries, museums, parks, and downtown shops as well as close to parking lots/garage that have ample availability on weekend evenings. View the Downtown Parking Map here. Parking options include:
- The former Free Lance-Star parking lot at William and Barton streets
- The downtown garage at Wolfe and Sophia streets
- The “VRE parking lot” at Frederick and Caroline streets
- The many surface lots along Sophia Street
- The parking lot at the corner of Charles and Amelia streets
Just look for the “Around the Town” trolley-stop signs and hop aboard on Friday and Saturday evenings this summer!
#visitfred #aroundtowntrolley #wheretoparkfxbg