Your 2019 Fredericksburg Region Summer Concert List
Summer nights were made for music and fun! The Fredericksburg Region has plenty of both. From kids’ concerts in the park to big performances on stage, there’s something for everyone. The only hard part? Deciding which ones to attend!
Celebrate Virginia After Hours – Did you know that Fredericksburg has a concert venue? “Celebrate Virginia After Hours is the premier outdoor concert series in Fredericksburg, VA bringing the best live music right to your backyard! It just got a lot louder and we like it that way!” If you love country music, the summer line up is definitely up your ally. Check out the concert schedule and buy tickets on their website. Season passes are also available. All concerts will go on as scheduled rain or shine.
- June 8 –Tesla – GATES 5:30 PM / SHOWTIME 7 PM
- June 28 – Kip Moore – Gates 5:30 PM/Show 7:00 PM
- July 6 – Lady Antebellum – GATES 5:30 PM / SHOWTIME 7 PM
- July 18 – Brothers Osborne – GATES 5:30 PM / SHOWTIME 7 PM
- August 3 – Kool & The Gang – GATES 5:30 PM / SHOWTIME 7 PM
- September 6 – Joe Nichols & Rodney Atkins – GATES 5:30 PM / SHOWTIME
- September 13 – Cole Swindell – GATES 5:30 PM / SHOWTIME 7 PM
Music On The Steps – One of the best places to catch a live performance is on the steps of the downtown library (Fredericksburg Branch)! In the case of inclement weather, the concerts move into the theater. This event is free. You can find the full schedule on their website.
Sounds of Summer Concert Series – The Fredericksburg Area Museum – Spend Friday evening hanging out, dancing, and simply enjoying live music with friends, in downtown’s Market Square. This event is free and needs to be on your Summer Bucket list. We suggest getting dinner your favorite downtown restaurant first, and stopping somewhere for dessert afterwards.
- June 7 – Elby Brass –Heavy Horn Funk
- June 14 – The Kingbolts –Rock
- June 21 – Bruce Middle Trio – Blues/Rock/Jazz
- June 28 – Harry Wilson Quartet with Knoel Scott – Live Jazz
- July 5 – Fredericksburg Concert Band – Patriotic Symphonic
- July 12 – 44 Diesel – Rock/Reggae
- July 19 – The English Channel – Brit Rock/Pop
- July 26 – VaMos – Latin Indie Rock
- August 2 – Karen Jonas – Virginia Americana/Country
- August 9 – Zachary Smith and the Dixie Power Trio – N’awlins Funk/Jazz
- August 16 – The Whiskey Rebellion – Partygrass
- August 23 – The Wavos – 80s New Wave
- August 30 – Whiskey Django Foxtrot – Gypsy Acoustic
Picnic in the Park– Every Tuesday, from 11:30am – 1:30pm, in May, June, and September – This one is for local families! Picnic in the Park, formerly Music in the Park, started in 1997 and has quickly grown into one of Fredericksburg’s favorite activities. Bring the kids to Hurkamp Park for a small concert, food trucks and children’s activities. Everyone is encouraged to bring a picnic blanket and lunch. This event is free and is a great opportunity for the whole community to gather together, and enjoy music, in downtown Fredericksburg.
- June 4 – Big Daddy Shag performs with Touch a Truck for the kids
- June 11 – Wil Gravatt & Jimbo Byram performs with Flag Day for the kids
- Jun 18 – SPANGLISH performs with Touch a Truck for the kids
- June 25 – Karen Jonas perform with Beach Day for the kids
Songfest Sundays – Head to John Lee Pratt Memorial Park (Stafford) every third Sunday, June – September, for live performances, from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, on Celebration Stage! Remember to pack a picnic and bring the entire family. $10.00 per car. Concessions will be available. Concerts will be held rain or shine.
Friday Night Music at Potomac Point Winery – What better way to kick off the weekend than taking in Potomac Point’s amazing vineyard views accompanied by live music and their signature wines? Their music series is Fridays from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm, between March and November. $5.00 cover charge.